*******ATTENTION: This meeting will be held in the MWD building.********
Agenda for our meeting
- Overview. August 29th. EWB-LA Beach Bonfire. Dockweiler State Beach. If you did not pay the $10 fee at the beach, please bring it with you to the meeting.
- Wildwood Picnic Area (Angeles National Forest – Big Tujunga Canyon)
- Work on site improvements for the park (repair and upgrades to facilities including – water systems, parking areas, and amenities)
- Tanzania Project Update/Implementation Report progress
- Guatemala Project Update
- Speaker: Shah Selbe
Shah Selbe is an engineer, conservation technologist, and National Geographic Explorer that works with communities, NGOs, and developing countries to identify and deploy technologies that can help with their greatest conservation challenges. He previously served in the EWB-LA chapter as President, Vice President, and Southern California regional representative for EWB West Coast. He will be discussing his recent National Geographic expedition to Botswana and Namibia where he is project engineer/technologist for the Into The Okavango, an ambitious yearly expedition and wildlife census where Shah focuses on creating open source monitoring technology to protect Botswana’s pristine Okavango Delta and the wildlife within it.He will also discuss the importance of storytelling when it comes to philanthropic engineering projects and how that can help raising awareness, fundraising, and ensuring the future of a project.
If this is your first meeting please read important information below about the meeting location:
Please sign in at the security desk located in the rotunda.
- Parking is free (see parking instructions)
- Refreshments will be served
- If you have any questions about the meeting location please email DSadamoto@gmail.com
If Arriving before 7pm:
Enter the underground employee parking located at the rear of the building. Tell the security guard at the entrance of the garage you are here for the EWB meeting. Press buzzer at gate and tell them again you are here for the EWB meeting.
Google Map Link – Main Parking Entrance
If Arriving after 7pm.
Please use the after hours parking entrance located across from the front of the MWD building
Before driving down the ramp, use the security buzzer to the left of the top of the ramp and tell security you are here for the EWB meeting.
Google Map Link – After Hours Parking Entrance